The provisional calendar of the MotoE World Cup 2022 was issued by FIM: there will be 14 races on 7 European circuits. The start is in Jerez de la Frontera on April 30th and the end is in Misano on September 4th. There are two novelties: Mugello and KymiRing.
Lots of news for the fourth edition of the MotoGP electric class. The main one concerns the new formula of the Championship which foresees two races for each round. In 2022 there will be one more round than last year, for a total of seven rounds and fourteen races. Revolution also in the qualifying session which adopt the MotoGP format with Q1 and Q2 with 10 riders each.
Regarding the tracks, the main novelty are the Italian circuit of Mugello and the new KymiRing in Finland. Also in 2022, the MotoE World Cup will end at the San Marino GP at the Marco Simoncelli circuit in Misano at the beginning of September. The start of the MotoE 2022 will be the Spanish GP at the Jerez de la Frontera circuit; the two pre-season test sessions will also take place on the same track. Compared to last year, the Catalan GP at the Barcelona track leaves the calendar of MotoE, to avoid the clash with the 24h of Spa Francorchamps of the World Endurance Championship.
These are the dates and the tracks of the MotoE World Cup 2022:
- 30 April / 1 May - Spanish GP - Angel Nieto circuit at Jerez de la Frontera
- 14 / 15 May - French GP - Bugatti circuit at Le Mans
- 28 / 29 May - Italian GP - Mugello Circuit
- 25 / 26 June - Dutch GP - TT Assen Circuit
- 9/10 July - Finnish GP - KymiRing Circuit
- 20 / 21 August - Austrian GP - Red Bull Ring Circuit at Spielberg
- 3 / 4 September - San Marino GP - Marco Simoncelli Circuit of Misano
This is the calendar of the pre-season tests:
- 7/8/9 March - Angel Nieto circuit at Jerez de la Frontera
- 11 / 12 / 13 April - Angel Nieto circuit at Jerez de la Frontera
To be updated on MotoE World Cup, subscribe to Epaddock's Whatsapp broadcast and receive all our news on your mobile phone in real time: find out how here.